From what is the cup made?
The YUUKI menstrual cup is made from liquid silicone rubber. This advanced material is used in many sectors of human activity. In healthcare, it is used for components which come in direct contact with the human organism.
The main advantages of silicon are, apart from other things:
- Healthy wholesome (bio and non-toxic). Yuuki cup doesn't contain dyes and phthalates.
- Doesn´t loss any fibers as sanitary pads and tampons.
- The structure of the material is nonadherent, smooth and prevents multiplication of bacteria.
- Resistance to UV and IR radiation.
- Static mechanical quality and heat resistance from -50 ° C to 240 ° C.
It is possible your cup changes color over the time and it is no longer entirely clear. This process is completely natural and it is only a visual change, which is given to material.
With a little patience, inserting the cup is comfortable and quick, even during the first few times. We’ve prepared a few tips for you to make it easier to start using the cup.
Perhaps you’ve decided to try a menstrual cup but are not sure which cup size is ideal for you? Here’s the answer.